THE FIRMDALE PRIVATE ART WALK
- A guided tour of the Firmdale Hotels art collection at a date and time of your choosing
- Available at Ham Yard Hotel, Haymarket Hotel and Charlotte Street Hotel
- Includes a delicious lunch or afternoon tea
Spend an hour or two immersing yourself in the Firmdale art collection with an illuminating and inspiring private tour.
Led by Willow Kemp, daughter of Founder and Creative Director, Kit Kemp, the guided tour will take you on an adventure through the collection, exploring the fascinating stories that lie behind each piece and the themes and unexpected narratives that run throughout the spaces.
Get up close and personal with unique works of art, from Sir Tony Cragg’s show-stopping bronze sculpture made for the courtyard at Ham Yard Hotel, to the collected works of the Bloomsbury group, which adorn the walls of Charlotte Street Hotel.
It’s an eclectic and democratic body of work that sees icons of the art world, displayed proudly next to found and commissioned works from lesser known, but no less important, artists too.
Throughout the tour, Willow will share advice on how to find and collect art, as well as her top tips on hanging displaying a range of different pieces. Visits to some of the surrounding area’s top galleries can be arranged as part of the walk and are a great way to start building your own collection.
Having worked up an appetite, you’ll then head to one of our restaurants for a delicious lunch or afternoon tea.
Perfect groups and gatherings, for the creative and the curious and for interesting days out and surprising adventures, The Private Art Walk is a unique opportunity to while away a few hours learning something new.
Organised at a date and time of your choosing, each walk can be tailored to fit the interests and schedule of the group.
Example Itinerary & Pricing
- Tea, coffee and freshly made pastries to start in the Library or Drawing Room
- A guided tour of the art collection at Ham Yard Hotel, Haymarket Hotel or Charlotte Street Hotel
- A curated visit two local galleries
- Followed by a Three-Course Lunch or Champagne Afternoon Tea
£145 per person
Art Walks are subject to Willow's availability and pricing is based on the number of attendees (minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12). For more information and booking enquiries, contact Lucy Bowes: firstname.lastname@example.org