Christmas Cheese Dinner
- Tuesday 21st November
- The Potting Shed, Dorset Square Hotel
- 7pm to 10pm
- £95 including a welcome drink and canapés followed by a three-course menu paired with a selection of wine
We’re back with our last cheese dinner of the year, and bringing the festive cheer with Christmas music and crackers, and an extra special menu from our Executive Chef Joe Fox. Highlights include Bacon Scones and Fried Wensleydale to start the evening off, Salmon wellington with a Champagne beurre blanc for main course, and a decadent Sticky toffee pudding to finish.
Accompanying Joe, as always, is our charismatic cheese expert Eric Charriaux, from third generation cheesemongers Aubrey Allen. After dinner he will guide you through creating the ultimate Christmas cheese board at home. Eric will present six incredible cheeses - four much-loved Christmas classics (think Stilton, Brie and extra mature Cheddar) along with two outstanding ‘off the beaten track’ cheeses he wants you to know about.
Expect some handy tips from Joe on how to use up leftover cheese after Christmas, and enjoy some exciting wine pairings from the team at The Potting Shed.
- Brightwell – a sumptuous British goat’s cheese, silky and delicate with an ash rind
- Brie de Meaux – a Christmas classic. Soft, nutty and fruity
- Pecorino with truffle - a truly intense cheese. Firm, sharp and spicy with a rich truffle finish
- Montgomery Extra Mature Cheddar – matured for 18 months to give a more nuttier and peppery taste
- Munster - A characterful cows' milk cheese from eastern France
- Colston Bassett Stilton – a very fine, complex blue cheese from Nottinghamshire
- Fried Wensleydale with honey and smoked chilli
- Smoked salmon blinis with crème fraîche, lemon and dill
- Bacon scones with goat’s curd and pickled walnuts
- Whipped Yukon Gold potatoes with chanterelle mushrooms, Berkswell and black truffle
- Salmon wellington with celeriac, purple sprouting broccoli and Champagne beurre blanc
- Sticky toffee pudding, toffee sauce and clotted cream