Firmdale Hotels’ Commitment to Accessibility
Firmdale is committed to providing the highest level of hospitality to all people who stay in our hotels. We are committed to making it as easy as possible for all people including people with disabilities such as those who utilises wheelchairs, those who are deaf/hard of hearing, blind/low vision or any other disability to stay and enjoy our hotels and amenities.
If you have difficulty learning about our accessible features, we invite you to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and our friendly and knowledgeable staff will gladly assist you.
- Firmdale has policies, procedures and best practices in place to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make their reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms.
- Firmdale is committed to continually improving its efforts to making its hotels, amenities and rooms more accessible. We describe accessible features at guest rooms offered through our reservations system in enough detail to reasonably permit individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a guest room meets their accessibility needs
- Firmdale ensures that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been booked and the accessible room requested is the only remaining room of that type.
- Accessible Common Areas and Amenities:
- Accessible public entrance
- Routes from accessible entrances to registration are accessible
- Public restrooms are accessible
- Routes from the accessible entrance to restaurant, lounges and bars are accessible
- Routes from the accessible entrance to the exercise facilities are accessible
- Televisions have closed captioning capabilities
- Guest Room with Accessibility Features:
- A spacious layout with clearance for wheelchair mobility throughout the room, including at desks and the bathroom
- Accessible entry door and restroom door widths with no obstructions
- Rooms contain accessible tables. Some restrooms contained accessible toilets, lavatories, phone, and roll-in showers
- Hearing accessibility features included life and safety devises designed for low vision/blind and deaf hard of hearing individuals which include a fixed strobe fire alarm, bed shaker and doorbell
- All rooms have televisions with closed-captioned capabilities
- Many accessible rooms have role in showers
- NOTE: Features by vary depending on room and hotel location. Please contact email@example.com for additional details or to make a specific inquiry into a reasonable accommodation request
Firmdale Hotels Website Accessibility Statement
Firmdale Hotels is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience. We actively work to ensure that this website is accessible and usable by people of all abilities.
How to get the most accessible experience from this website
Our website can be viewed on a range of different screen sizes and the size of text can be changed to suit different people.
Navigation within the website
In addition to the navigation menus, we have also included a Site Map page to help people find information more easily. There is a link to the Site Map page in the footer of every page.
How to zoom in screen: In order to see things better this feature allows user to users to enlarge their screen. Here are some tips for setting it up:
- On Windows, press the Windows key and plus sign (+) at the same time to zoom in. You can also use the "Magnifier" application under "Accessories".
- On Mac, go to "System Preferences", open "Universal Access" and select the "Seeing" tab. Check the box under "Zoom" to "On".
- On your Apple device, tap "Settings", then "General", then "Accessibility". Tap the "Zoom" button and toggle it "On". Also, on Apple you can use "Ctrl" ("Cmd" on Mac) plus the plus (+) or minus (-) keys when you're in a web browser.
How to change colour contrast and fonts: Changing colors or fonts (or a mix of both) help many users see text more clearly:
- In Internet Explorer, go to "Tools", then "Internet Options", on to "General". From here, select "Colours, Fonts, or Accessibility".
- In Mozilla Firefox, choose "Options", then "Content", then finally "Fonts & Colours".
- In Safari, select "Preferences", "Appearance" tab, and then hit the "Select…" button next to the font fields.
- In Chrome, go to "Preferences", activate the "Show advanced settings" link, go to the "Web content" heading and change the "Font size", "Customise fonts" in other ways, or set default "Page zoom".
How to find a screen reader:
- A screen reader is text-to-speech software that enables those who are blind or low vision to access information on a computer or mobile device. The technology reads the screen aloud. Free screen readers are available such as NVDA for Windows and VoiceOver for Mac. Jaws for Windows is also widely used.
Using your web browser, you can change the size of text on this website. You can also make other helpful changes in your browser, as well as within your computer generally.
To find out what else you can do, visit My Web My Way at http://www.bbc.co.uk/accessibility/ (this link will open in a new browser window).
At present, some aspects of the Booking Bar are difficult to use with a screen reader, so the same functionality has been provided on a screen reader friendly page that can be accessed using the Accessible Room Booking Page and Accessible Book a Table links at the top of every page.
If you are unable to make a booking via the website, we provide a 24/7/365 automated telephone booking service on 020 7559 3070 in the UK and 888 559 5508 in the US. Alternatively, email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org and we guarantee to reply within two working days.
We welcome all constructive feedback regarding the accessibility of this website, which will be carefully considered. If there is information you think should be included on this page, or if you have any suggestions or you experience any problem accessing the website then please email us at email@example.com.
Please note: for advice on what information to include when you contact us, we recommending you read "Contacting Organisations about Inaccessible Websites" at http://www.w3.org/WAI/users/inaccessible (this link will open in a new browser window).
We are committed to making all the pages of this website conform to level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, to learn more visit https://www.w3.org/WAI/standards-guidelines/wcag (this link will open in a new browser window) which is the internationally recognised benchmark for building accessible websites.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines explain how to make websites more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformity to these guidelines also makes websites more user friendly for all people.
This accessibility statement was issued on 5th March, 2020 and follows the advice on accessibility statements in British Standard BS 8878.
General Accessibility Quick Tips
On all pages of the site pressing your keyboards tab key will bring up accessibility options for this site. By continuing to tab you can access features of this site in the following order:
- Skip to content
- Enable/disable high contrast mode
- Quick access to our accessible room booking page
- Quick access to book a table (via opentable.co.uk for U.K. restaurants or opentable.com for U.S. Restaurants)
- Events contact email address