21 Things to do in London Right Now
Number Sixteen is the perfect destination for your next London staycation.
Get away from it all and explore one of the world's greatest cities. There is something for everyone, from unmissable exhibitions to picnics in leafy Hyde Park. Whether you want a change from the daily routine or a well deserved break from the kids, this is our ultimate London checklist of exciting things to do and see.
OUT & ABOUT
- Discover the nearby V&A’s latest exhibition, ‘Kimono: Kyoto to Catwalk’. This exhibition will present the kimono as a dynamic and constantly evolving icon of fashion
- Visit The Wonderlab at the Science Museum, just a short walk away. Revealing the beauty of the science that shapes our everyday lives, this unmissable experience will ignite your curiosity and fuel your imagination
- Stroll through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens and enjoy a picnic beside the Serpentine and seek out the Peter Pan sculpture
- Treat yourself to an afternoon of exclusive Brompton Cross shopping, with stylish boutiques, including Chanel, Andrew Martin, The Conran Shop and the Daylesford Farmshop and cafe
- Visit the Serpentine Galleries in Hyde Park to see Formafantasma: Cambio, a multi-sensory exhibition that explores everything to do with trees from its molecular structure to forest legends.
- Take a short stroll to Knightsbridge to visit Harrods, London's most famous department store. Shop for top designer brands and delicious treats in the Food Hall
- Explore the birthplace of Queen Victoria and home to young royals for over 300 years at Kensington Palace. Walk in the footsteps of royalty in Victoria's re-imagined childhood rooms and the magnificent King's and Queen's State Apartments
- Visit the nearby Design Museum to see their new exhibition Electronic: From Kraftwerk to The Chemical Brothers. Explore a multi-sensory exhibition that explores everything to do with trees from its molecular structure to forest legends.
- Step into Japan from Kensington High Street with a visit to Japan House: the cultural home of Japan in London. Explore the free events and exhibitions, including the 'World of Anno Mitsumasa', discover a range of crafts, homeware and accessories for an authentic encounter with contemporary Japan
- Stroll along the River Thames, discovering historic sites as you go such as Cleopatra’s Needle and the spectacular views from Waterloo Bridge
- Explore the city’s best bookshops, from Daunt’s in Marylebone to the historic Hatchards and Maison Assouline on Piccadilly
- Visit the Tate Modern’s Andy Warhol exhibition; a new look at the extraordinary life and work of the pop art superstar
- Enjoy a spot of retail therapy in the renowned designer boutiques of Bond Street and Regent Street. While you’re at it, pay a visit to iconic department store, Liberty London
- Be inspired by the world famous Kew Botanical Gardens, just a short drive or train ride away
- Stroll through the chic streets of Marylebone with its charming village feel, discovering unique boutiques and cafes as you go
- Head to Regent's Park, where the famous Open Air Theatre is showing Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Jesus Christ Superstar under the stars
AT NUMBER SIXTEEN
- Discover the private leafy garden at Number Sixteen. One of London's best kept secrets, the garden has shady mulberry trees, blooming hydrangeas, an exotic koi pond and a romantic pagoda. It’s the ideal place for a chilled glass of rosé in the evening
- Enjoy a delicious afternoon tea in the in The Orangery or the leafy private garden (weather permitting). Indulge with a delicious selection of finger sandwiches, homemade scones with clotted cream and preserves and a selection of mouthwatering cakes, including carrot and walnut with cream cheese frosting
- Settle down with a good book in the charming Library or relax in the colourful Drawing Room
- Spend a relaxing night in and watch a movie in your stylish guest room
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast in the bright and airy Orangery. Read the daily papers with a cup of coffee as you look over the beautiful garden