APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2019 FIRMDALE HOTELS GRADUATE MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME ARE NOW OPEN.
What is the Graduate Management Programme about?
This programme represents a fantastic opportunity to pursue your career in hospitality whilst working for an award winning, industry leading company. Our Graduate Management Programme is designed for ambitious and highly motivated people, passionate about a career in hospitality.
The two year programme is separated into two nine month placements; one in Food & Beverage and one in Rooms division, taking place in two different hotels, progressing to a Supervisory role for the last 6 months of the programme. The Programme is flexible with a fast track option for those that are excelling.
What areas will I focus on?
Housekeeping, Reception, Concierge, Nights, Reservations, Room Service, Restaurant, Kitchen, Events and Bar. In addition you will get exposure to our hotel support functions and management procedures; Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Finance and Purchasing.
What else does the programme offer?
- Project Management: Graduates will work together to organise our annual Staff Summer Party as well as a recruitment project, giving you the opportunity to work with senior management
- Mentors: Graduates will benefit from three Firmdale mentors, including a Deputy General Manager you can select after attending a mentor matching and networking event
What training opportunities are there for me?
You will have access to a calendar of workshops covering operational skills, personal development, supervisory skills and Inspirational Service. Bespoke Graduate development days are offered in each quarter of the two year programme.
Over the course of the programme you will achieve externally recognised qualifications including Food Safety Level 2, First Aid and the Wine and Spirits Educational Trust Intermediate Certificate.
What happens at the end of the two years?
Previous Graduates are now our Restaurant Managers, Operations Managers, Front Office Managers and even one of our General Managers. Your future within Firmdale could take many exciting directions!
What are the Firmdale employee benefits?
- Competitive salary
- Meals on duty and uniforms provided
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing one day per years’ service
- Company-wide and departmental incentives
- Firmdale Experience vouchers (Afternoon tea, dinner for two, Film Club and an overnight stay)
What ELSE makes Firmdale such a special place to work?
- Quarterly Champagne receptions and annual employee recognition awards
- Employee led committees allow you to have your say, generate ideas and make a difference
- Social events and team activities (bowling, quiz nights, netball teams, running club and more)
- Wait, there’s more! Refer a friend bonus, volunteering and regular Manager catch-ups
If you are degree qualified in any field and you “Love What You Do”, take the first step towards your exciting new career by submitting a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Applications for the April 2019 Programme will close on Friday 1st February 2019.
Applications for the September 2019 Programme will close on Friday 1st March 2019.