Graduate Management Programme 2020
Applications are open for intakes starting in April and September 2020
Firmdale Hotels is training the best of the industry’s future leaders.
Apply now to become immersed in this highly dynamic and fulfilling training programme, and gain distinction as a respected member of the Firmdale family.
What will I do?
Over two years you will build a well-rounded professional portfolio of first-hand experience, making an impact, as you progress through all hotel departments across at least two of our boutique Central London properties.
You will follow the footsteps of Firmdale graduates who, thanks to the programme, have launched into lively and exciting careers as one of our inspirational leaders.
What operational experience will I gain?
You will complete 3 highly varied operational placements:
- 1st placement (9 months) – in one hotel, you will train with all Food & Beverage teams: Restaurant / Bar / Restaurant Reservations / Host / Kitchen / Room Service / Events
- 2nd placement (9 months) – in another hotel, you will train with all Front Office teams: Reception / Room Reservations / Housekeeping / Concierge / Nights
- 3rd placement (6 months) – finally, you will have the opportunity to work as a Supervisor, specialising in one operational department
We will offer you support, guidance, and opportunities that help you to develop the skills we look for in our Supervisors. This will give you the best possible chance of progressing to this level for the final six months of your programme.
What else does the programme offer?
Outside the hotels – you will gain a unique insight into the activities supporting Firmdale’s hotel operations. This will give you a crucial understanding of the enormous work effort that guests don’t experience directly.
Extra training – extra, specialised trainings will be offered to graduates, allowing you to broaden your operational experiences.
Project management – graduates will take on team projects that give you considerable responsibility and independence, and offer extra, exciting challenges. These include organising Firmdale’s annual staff summer party, and carrying out the recruitment of the following year’s graduates.
Make a difference – during both 9-month operational placements you will have the chance to make a significant and tangible impact on the day-to-day activity in our hotels. You will have unique opportunities to present your innovative ideas straight to our Operations Director and other senior managers.
Guidance and development – you will be personally assigned two mentors: a current Graduate and a Manager. You will attend regular personalised performance meetings, and complete routine reviews conducted by our Learning & Development team and senior managers, allowing you to grow in your roles.
What happens after the 2-year programme?
You will continue working in your supervisory role. At this stage you will be ready to put into practice all that you have learnt during the previous two years. This will allow you to form a Firmdale career path that fulfils your interests and plays to your strengths.
In recent years, ex-Graduates have progressed to management roles within 6 months of finishing the programme. Previous Graduates are currently General Managers, Deputy General Managers, Front Office Managers, Food & Beverage Managers, Duty Managers, and much more.
Who are we looking for?
We want to employ enthusiastic, team-orientated individuals that can follow instructions, are willing to learn, and want put in the hours required. We are looking for excellently presented, natural leaders with real-world experience that can fine-tune the smallest details, and balance multiple responsibilities successfully.
We are interested in applicants that are keen to work operationally for two years in all departments, and ideally have had employment experience while studying. Hospitality experience is favourable, but not necessary – if you show the potential, we will provide the training.
We require a right to work in the UK and a degree level qualification.
But why should I choose Firmdale?
We’re a special company to work for:
- Quarterly champagne receptions and annual awards celebrating and recognising staff successes
- Colleague-to-colleague recognition rewards
- Firmdale experiences for all staff, starting after 3 months service (afternoon tea/dinner/Film Club experience/an overnight stay)
- Staff-focused ‘Wellness Wednesdays’ (pilates/yoga/massages)
- Weekly staff afternoon teas
- Social events and team activities (bowling and quiz nights/fun-runs/a football team/Christmas and summer parties)
- Hotels in vibrant areas of Central London
We have much more to offer you than just an exciting career:
- Meals on duty
- Uniform provided and cleaned
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing one day per year’s service
- Competitive salary
- Perkbox – employee perk scheme offering 100’s of discounts (flights, cinema tickets, day-out experiences, high-street shopping brands, supermarkets)
- Discounts at Design Hotels worldwide
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company-wide staff-led Environmental Social Responsibility Committee
A few of our recent awards and accolades:
- The Caterer’s 2019 & 2018 rankings of 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality
- 67th in The Job Crowd’s Top Companies for Graduates to Work for 2019; 2nd in Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism
- Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2018
- 1st in The Caterer’s 2017 ranking of 30 Best Places to Work in Hospitality
- The Catey Award for Best Employer 2017
- The Catey Award for HR Team of the Year 2017
- The Catey Award for Restaurant Team of the Year 2017 If you are what we are looking for, and ‘Love What You Do’, then what are you waiting for?
Apply now to embark on a fun and fulfilling career with Firmdale Hotels.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications for the April 2020 intake will close on Friday 31st January 2020.
Applications for the September 2020 intake will close on Friday 28th February 2020.
Check out the fun we get up at work and outside of it by clicking on the links below:
Talent Tool Box: https://firmdalehotels.talenttoolbox.com